We are Lactalis Australia
Here at Lactalis, we are true to our purpose: we are a family business offering healthy and delicious dairy products that bring people together. And, we just happen to be the worldwide leader in what we do.
At the heart of our Australian business we have over 2,200 passionate employees, working closely with our farmers, customers and consumers to produce the finest dairy products in the country. Pillar brands such as Paul’s, OAK, Ice Break, Tamar Valley Dairy, Vaalia, President and Galbani provide Lactalis Australia with a deep national footprint for growth and prosperity.
About Our Opportunity
We are now looking to recruit a trade qualified Mechanical Fitter to join our friendly team at Harvey. This is an excellent opportunity to utilise your expertise in the areas of preventative maintenance, breakdown maintenance and installations, thus adding value in a multi-skilled production environment.
Previous experience gained from the food, dairy, packaging or related industries, is highly regarded. Sound knowledge and expertise with food process systems and experience in small projects, stainless steel welding, pneumatics, pumps, valves, coders and high speed packaging equipment will also be highly regarded.
You will have an analytical and methodical approach to problem solving and good communication skills. You are also self-motivated, with the ability to work as part of an efficient team. This position will require you to work a shift roster, including reasonable overtime as required.
- Responding to breakdowns in a timely manner to minimise downtime
- Investigating failures and making recommendations to reduce risk and improve systems and processes
- Preventative maintenance
- Continuous Improvement for improved reliability and operational equipment efficiencies
- Work as part of a skilled trades team – with other fitters and electricians and support staff
- Relevant trade qualification as a mechanical fitter
- Experience in the food industry (preferable dairy) or FMCG would be highly regarded
- Excellent troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong focus on quality and safety
- Working knowledge of SAP (desirable)
The successful applicant will have a can do attitude, strong communication skills, able to prioritise work and meet tight deadlines. In addition, the candidate will be commercially minded, a team player, and able to work with a range of stakeholders.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to be part of a dynamic team and gain exposure to international markets through a global icon.
If you have the ambition, drive and competency to succeed in this role please submit your application, including current resume by selecting 'Apply' and following the prompts.
No Recruitment Agencies: We have this one covered!