We are owned by the Lactalis Group, the world’s largest producer of dairy goods. With a range of more than 2,000 products, Lactalis is committed to playing a daily role in the health and well-being of consumers throughout the world, via the provision of nutritious dairy products—milk, cheese, yoghurt and other soft foods and beverages.
At the heart of our business locally, we have over 2,700 passionate employees, working closely and constructively with some 500 Australian farmers to produce the finest dairy products in the country.
Pillar brands such as Pauls, Oak, Ice Break, Tamar Valley Dairy, Vaalia, President and Galbani provide Lactalis Australia with a deep national footprint for growth and prosperity.
We are a growing global company that takes great pride in who we are. We are humble, proud and resilient. Our brands, people and know how define who we are.
We provide a safe workplace that delivers the opportunity to drive your development, and believe that true success comes from us.
Collaboration, flexibility and diversity are pillars of our environment. With knowledge and experience we encourage you to make a difference!
About this Opportunity
We are seeking a pro-active and experienced Maintenance Fitter to join our team based at Rowville. Reporting to the Maintenance Coordinator, you will be responsible for preventative and breakdown maintenance across the site. Including the servicing and repair of bulk storage, production, processing and packaging areas, covering the entire manufacturing process and all main facilities associated with a major manufacturing site.
Key accountabilities of the role are:
- Strong focus on safety and safe working methods including JSAs , Risk Assessments , LOTO and permits to work;
- Implementing preventative and routine maintenance schedules to achieve machine and line efficiency;
- Responding to breakdowns in a timely manner to minimise downtime;
- Monitor and contribute to developing new maintenance schedules for equipment, plant and other relevant data to identify faults and take action as necessary;
- Performing scheduled and ad-hoc safety checks as per instructions;
- Investigating failures and making recommendations to reduce risk and improve systems / processes;
- General maintenance within a factory environment, including blowmoulding, filling machines, packaging equipment;
- Assisting in the development and training of employees as required;
- Effective and efficient communication both written and verbal.
To be considered for this position, you will require a relevant trade qualification as well as previous experience in the food, dairy, packaging or process-related industries. Due to the nature of the role, applicants must also have knowledge and skills in the following:
- Fitting and turning experience;
- Excellent troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills;
- Solid knowledge and focus on quality;
- Knowledge of GMP within the food industry;
- Working knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office;
- Experience in TIG welding is desirable but not essential;
- Dual trade qualification and or an electrical license is desirable but not essential.
This position will require you to work a rotating roster, with flexibility as required and a reasonable amount of overtime.
We are seeking a candidate who is enthusiastic, approachable and has the ability to work autonomously and as part of an efficient team. In addition, the candidate will be commercially minded, a team player, and able to work with a range of stakeholders.
If you have the ambition, drive and competency to succeed in this role please submit your application, including current resume by selecting 'Apply' and following the prompts.
No Recruitment Agencies - We have this one covered!