Here at Lactalis, we are true to our purpose: we are a family business offering healthy and delicious dairy products that bring people together. And, we just happen to be the worldwide leader in what we do.
At the heart of our Australian business we have over 2,200 passionate employees, working closely with our farmers, customers and consumers to produce the finest dairy products in the country. Pillar brands such as Paul’s, OAK, Ice Break, Tamar Valley Dairy, Vaalia, President and Galbani provide Lactalis Australia with a deep national footprint for growth and prosperity.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a trade-qualified A-Class Electrician to join the Harvey team.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, your primary responsibilities will be to carry out preventative, continuous improvement and breakdown maintenance, across a fast paced production facility
This role provides a path to career progression for the right person.
This is a shift based role with overtime available.
Your main responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Carrying out Preventative Maintenance programs for the processing, packaging, cooling & heating systems
- Contribute to the preventative maintenance system development.
- Responding to breakdowns in a timely manner to minimise downtime.
- Performing scheduled and ad-hoc safety checks as per instructions;
- Investigating failures and making recommendations to reduce risk and improve systems/processes;
- General maintenance within a factory environment, filling machines, packaging equipment, boilers and refrigeration systems;
- Actively be involved in safety and continuous improvement activities
To be considered for this position, you will require
- A current WA A class electrical licence
- A strong commitment to safety
- Previous experience ideally in the food, dairy, packaging or process-related industries
- A strong continuous improvement mindset
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting PLC controlled equipment
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Pneumatic systems qualifications and experience
Further skills advantageous to this role
- PLC programming experience
- Experience using SAP
- Instrumentation qualifications
You will be a team player, with a positive Can Do attitude. Someone who has the ability to build relationships, solve problems and achieve results, which will be clear factors in your success. If you are a dedicated individual who prides yourself on your attention to detail, have the ambition, drive and competency to succeed in this role, please submit your application, including current resume by selecting 'Apply' and following the prompts.
We would like to take the opportunity to thank you in advance for applying for this position, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If this isn't your time to work with us we wish you all the best in your career search and welcome you to apply for positions with Lactalis Australia in the future.
No Recruitment Agencies: We have this one covered!