We are Lactalis Australia
We are owned by the Lactalis Group, the world’s largest producer of dairy goods. With a range of more than 2,000 products, Lactalis is committed to playing a daily role in the health and well-being of consumers throughout the world, via the provision of nutritious dairy products—milk, cheese, yoghurt and other soft foods and beverages.
At the heart of our business locally, we have over 2,700 passionate employees, working closely and constructively with some 500 Australian farmers to produce the finest dairy products in the country.
Pillar brands such as Pauls, Oak, Ice Break, Tamar Valley Dairy, Vaalia, President and Galbani provide Lactalis Australia with a deep national footprint for growth and prosperity.
We are a growing global company that takes great pride in who we are. We are humble, proud and resilient. Our brands, people and know how define who we are. We provide a safe workplace that delivers the opportunity to drive your development, and believe that true success comes from us. Collaboration, flexibility and diversity are pillars of our environment. With knowledge and experience we encourage you to make a difference!
About this Opportunity
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Maintenance Coordinator to join our Industrial Team in Rowville. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, this role will be responsible for the day-to-day management of all maintenance resources including, covering plant and equipment repairs, maintenance and installations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading, and motivating a team of trades personnel (including contractors) to effectively and efficiently carry out preventative and breakdown mechanical and electrical maintenance. Critical to this role is supporting and providing coaching to ensure optimal employee performance.
You will also:
- Lead and manage trades employees and contractors;
- Manage the completion of planned and unplanned works as required to ensure reliable operation of all areas of the factory, ensuring minimum plant down time;
- Increase the sites operational effectiveness through improvements on project delivery, downtime reduction and implementation of improvement plans;
- Implement and manage continuous improvement and modern manufacturing principals by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and processes;
- Plan, manage and execute CAPEX Projects, budget management and scope of works;
- Ensure the maintenance operation performs within the budgetary guidelines and that the Business Plan objectives are achieved;
- Provide technical support and oversight of day to day maintenance operations to ensure timely and accurate maintenance response;
- Actively promote behaviour in the team that is consistent with achievement of the KPI’s and all other company objectives, such as no compromise attitude to safety, reporting of all near misses and incident investigation;
- Ensure compliance with all company and industry regulations and standards in the manufacturing process.
The successful candidate will have:
- Trade Qualification as a Mechanical Fitter or Industrial Electrician;
- Previous experience in engineering maintenance, working within a Dairy or FMCG industry;
- Extensive knowledge and experience in UHT or PET;
- Knowledge of food manufacturing machinery and equipment – Tetra Pak highly desirable;
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting abilities;
- Demonstrated leadership ability;
- Previous experience in managing a unionised workforce;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent stakeholder engagement, both internal and external;
- Flexibility to provide after-hours support to site as required.
We are seeking an individual who is ambitious, energetic and a leader who enjoys coaching and mentoring their team. You will be motivated and driven to deliver on business objectives and be pro-active when it comes to safety and continuous improvement initiative. If you have the ambition, drive and competency to succeed in this role please submit your application, including current resume by selecting 'Apply' and following the prompts.
No Recruitment Agencies – we have this one covered!