WE ARE LACTALIS AUSTRALIA
We are owned by the Lactalis Group, the world’s largest producer of dairy goods. With a range of more than 2,000 products, Lactalis is committed to playing a daily role in the health and well-being of consumers throughout the world, via the provision of nutritious dairy products—milk, cheese, yoghurt and other soft foods and beverages.
At the heart of our business locally, we have over 2,700 passionate employees, working closely and constructively with some 500 Australian farmers to produce the finest dairy products in the country.
Pillar brands such as Pauls, Oak, Ice Break, Tamar Valley Dairy, Vaalia, President and Galbani provide Parmalat Australia with a deep national footprint for growth and prosperity.
We are a growing global company that takes great pride in who we are. We are humble, proud and resilient. Our brands, people and know how define who we are.
We provide a workplace that delivers the opportunity to drive your development, and believe that true success comes from us.
Collaboration, flexibility and diversity are pillars of our environment. With knowledge and experience we encourage you to make a difference!
About this Opportunity
We are currently seeking a Team Leader for our day shift to join the dedicated team at Tamar. Ideally, you will have experience in machine or process operation and demonstrate a strong focus on safety, quality and customer service. You will have managed a team and have the ability to drive performance to reach company objectives. The successful applicant will possess effective communication skills and a demonstrated understanding of GMP and HACCP principles.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Develop and train staff, provides constructive performance feedback and appraisals.
- Takes appropriate corrective action to address performance or conduct issues.
- Ensure that the goals of the site are achieved above the goals of the shift by fostering a “one team one direction” between all shifts and departments.
- Ensure all safety incidents and or hazards are record and corrective actions followed up in agreed time frames.
- Maintains a clean operating environment and always complies with GMP requirements.
- Maintains a multi-skilled work force that are fully competent to meet production requirements, including adequate cover for leave absenteeism.
- Ensure all production records are filled out correctly.
- Establishes an open and collaborative relationship with fellow Team leader and relevant functional staff and managers.
- Prepares clear and concise instructions to operators.
- Facilitates open communication, by holding daily DMS meetings, communicating clearly and concisely.
- Sound numeracy and literacy skills are essential and food processing qualifications will be to your advantage.
To be successful in this role, we require dedicated individuals with high attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to build relationships and rapport within the business.
You must be self-motivated; able to work shift work and overtime as required and be able to work as part of and lead an effective team.
If you are confident within your experience and have the ambition, drive and competency to succeed in this role and wish to join an impressive global business and be part of a healthy working environment, please submit your application including current resume by selecting 'Apply' and following the prompts.
No Recruitment Agencies: We have this one covered!