We are Parmalat
We are owned by the Lactalis Group, the world’s largest producer of dairy goods. With a range of more than 2,000 products, Parmalat is committed to playing a daily role in the health and well-being of consumers throughout the world, via the provision of nutritious dairy products—milk, cheese, yoghurt and other soft foods and beverages.
At the heart of our business locally, we have over 2,500 passionate employees, working closely and constructively with some 500 Australian farmers to produce the finest dairy products in the country.
We are a growing global company that takes great pride in who we are. We are humble, proud and resilient. Our brands, people and know how define who we are.
We provide a workplace that delivers the opportunity to drive your development, and believe that true success comes from us.
Collaboration, flexibility and diversity are pillars of our environment. With knowledge and experience we encourage you to make a difference!
About the Opportunity
An opportunity has arisen for a Site Manager to join our team at our Tamar Valley based manufacturing operation. We are looking for someone who is ready to take on the challenge of positively impacting the business by taking full ownership of the site and driving a culture of continuous improvement.
Reporting to the YD Industrial Manager, you will be a key member of our National Operations team with our expectation that you will oversee manufacturing, packaging, maintenance, quality and cold room/warehousing functions.
In this role you will have the responsibility of ensuring all products are manufactured in full, on time and within specification, motivating and managing the team, and ensuring all Company processes and statutory requirements are met. The position has a strong focus on safety so you will be required to lead and drive positive improvements across the site, including ensuring modern and up to date safety, environmental, quality and manufacturing practices and techniques are in place.
This is a rare opportunity for you to join a market leading, global organisation at a time of company growth in a key role that is both challenging and rewarding.
To be successful in this position, you must have:
- Sound FMCG industry knowledge, preferably food industry based;
- Proven skills and experience associated with managing a heavy industrial or manufacturing site, including strong exposure to both the production, maintenance and warehousing dimensions of an operation;
- Ability to read, manage and improve Reporting, KPI’s, capex, budget and forecasting.
- Financial acumen.
- Superior analytical and problem solving ability;
- Excellent project management and interpersonal/communication skills;
- Sound influencing and relationship management skills, with the ability to lead and motivate people.;
- Demonstrated ability to coach, mentor and develop employees, and in performance management ;
- Sound ability to effectively manage costs;
- Demonstrated ability to develop & implement improvement initiatives.;
- Negotiation and change management skills;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
- Experience and knowledge with industry compliance requirements
- Knowledge of GMP, HACCP and OHS is essential.
- Demonstrated experience in championing best practice
- Previous experience working with Lean principles is desirable
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in the Manufacturing, Engineering or Science fields is desirable
If you have the enthusiasm and drive to succeed and are seeking excellent long term potential for career progression then please submit your application including current resume by selecting 'Apply' and following the prompts.
No Recruitment Agencies – We have this one covered!