We are owned by the Lactalis Group, the world’s largest producer of dairy goods. With a range of more than 2,000 products, Lactalis is committed to playing a daily role in the health and well-being of consumers throughout the world, via the provision of nutritious dairy products—milk, cheese, yoghurt and other soft foods and beverages.
At the heart of our business locally, we have over 2,700 passionate employees, working closely and constructively with some 500 Australian farmers to produce the finest dairy products in the country.
Pillar brands such as Pauls, Oak, Ice Break, Tamar Valley Dairy, Vaalia, President and Galbani provide Lactalis Australia with a deep national footprint for growth and prosperity.
We are a growing global company that takes great pride in who we are. We are humble, proud and resilient. Our brands, people and know how define who we are.
We provide a safe workplace that delivers the opportunity to drive your development, and believe that true success comes from us.
Collaboration, flexibility and diversity are pillars of our environment. With knowledge and experience we encourage you to make a difference!
About this Opportunity
We are seeking an experienced Shift Manager to join our team in Rowville on a full time basis. Reporting to the Production Manager, you will be responsible for leading, coaching and motivating a team of Production Operators to efficiently produce large volumes of product across multiple lines, ensuring quality standards, regulatory requirements and production timelines are met.
You will be able to think on your feet, troubleshoot issues and make good decisions under pressure. You will have a strong focus on safety and be responsible for ensuring safe work practices are being followed at all times.
Critical to this role is supporting and enabling staff development and providing individual coaching to ensure optimal performance. Whilst working on a rotating roster you will uphold the overall leadership on site. In addition to shift management, you will work autonomously and have the ability to make informed decisions on issues across the site or elevate as required.
To be successful in this position, you must have:
- Strong team leadership skills with proven abilities in rostering, people development and performance management;
- Positive influencing and relationship management skills, with the ability to lead and motivate a team to meet and exceed their potential;
- Understanding of the P&L and balance sheets;
- An in–depth understanding of process operations in a dairy, food or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment;
- Knowledge of operational excellence and continuous improvement;
- Knowledge of SAP is desirable but not essential;
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to ensure that operational targets, product safety compliance and regulatory requirements are met to the highest standards.
If you have the ambition, drive and competency to succeed in this role please submit your application, including current resume by selecting 'Apply' and following the prompts.
No Recruitment Agencies - We have this one covered!