WE ARE LACTALIS AUSTRALIA
We are owned by the Lactalis Group, the world’s largest producer of dairy goods. With a wide range of products, Lactalis is committed to playing a daily role in the health and well-being of consumers throughout the world, via the provision of nutritious dairy products—milk, cheese, yoghurt and other soft foods and beverages.
At the heart of our business locally, we have over 2,700 passionate employees, working closely and constructively with some 500 Australian farmers to produce the finest dairy products in the country.
Pillar brands such as Paul’s, Oak, Ice Break, Tamar Valley Dairy, Vaalia, President and Galbani provide Lactalis Australia with a deep national footprint for growth and prosperity.
We are a growing global company that takes great pride in who we are. We are humble, proud and resilient. Our brands, people and know how define who we are.
We provide a safe workplace that delivers the opportunity to drive your development, and believe that true success comes from us.
Collaboration, flexibility and diversity are pillars of our environment. With knowledge and experience we encourage you to make a difference!
About this Opportunity
We are seeking a Shift Manager to join the Echuca Operations team. This is a rotating shift role (3 x 8 hours shifts) 5 days per week.
Reporting to and providing support for the Site Manager, you will play an integral role in the day to day activity of the site . Initially across our filling operations you will be part of the management team to ensure timely delivery of product to schedule and specification.
Through your effective leadership, you will implement continuous improvement initiatives in the areas of workplace safety, expenditure and people management. You will also promote a positive customer service culture by delivering service excellence to both internal and external customers focusing on the optimum utilization of resources.
To be successful in this position, it is desired you will have:
- Sound Dairy FMCG industry knowledge,
- Sound influencing and relationship management skills, with the ability to lead and motivate people;
- Demonstrated ability in performance management, to coach, mentor and develop employees
- Good analytical and problem solving ability;
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills;
- Sound ability to effectively manage costs;
- Demonstrated ability to develop & implement improvement initiatives to getting results ;
- Negotiation and change management skills;
- Experience and knowledge with industry compliance requirements;
- Knowledge of GMP, HACCP and OHS
- Demonstrated experience in championing best practice eg GMP , Lean principles is desirable
- Relevant qualifications and/or previous experience working in the dairy industry is desirable.
Strong communication and conflict resolution skills will see you through this challenging role. You will have highly developed organisational, time management and administrative skills as well as a demonstrated ability to identify and implement business improvement opportunities.
If you have the ambition, drive and competency to succeed in this role please submit your application, including current resume by selecting 'Apply' and following the prompts.
No Recruitment Agencies: We have this one covered!