We are Lactalis Australia
We are owned by the Lactalis Group, the world’s largest producer of dairy goods. With a range of more than 2,000 products, Lactalis is committed to playing a daily role in the health and well-being of consumers throughout the world, via the provision of nutritious dairy products—milk, cheese, yoghurt and other soft foods and beverages.
At the heart of our business locally, we have over 2,700 passionate employees, working closely and constructively with some 500 Australian farmers to produce the finest dairy products in the country.
Pillar brands such as Pauls, Oak, Ice Break, Tamar Valley Dairy, Vaalia, President and Galbani provide Lactalis Australia with a deep national footprint for growth and prosperity.
We are a growing global company that takes great pride in who we are. We are humble, proud and resilient. Our brands, people and know how define who we are.
We provide a safe workplace that delivers the opportunity to drive your development, and believe that true success comes from us.
Collaboration, flexibility and diversity are pillars of our environment. With knowledge and experience we encourage you to make a difference!
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a trade-qualified A-Class Electrician to join our Maintenance team in our Clarence Gardens site, producing White and flavoured milks, both fresh and ESL.
Reporting to the Maintenance Coordinator, your primary responsibilities will be to carry out preventative, continuous improvement and breakdown maintenance, across a fast paced production facility.
This role provides a path to career progression for the right person.
This is a shift based role with overtime available.
Your main responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Carrying out Preventative Maintenance programs for the processing, packaging, cooling & heating systems
- Contribute to the preventative maintenance system development.
- Responding to breakdowns in a timely manner to minimise downtime.
- Performing scheduled and ad-hoc safety checks as per instructions;
- Investigating failures and making recommendations to reduce risk and improve systems/processes;
- General maintenance within a factory environment, filling machines, packaging equipment, boilers, refrigeration systems and Building/facilities;
- Actively be involved in safety and continuous improvement activities
To be considered for this position, you will require:
- A current SA A class electrical licence
- A strong commitment to safety
- Previous experience ideally in the food, dairy, packaging or process-related industries
- A strong continuous improvement mindset
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting PLC controlled equipment
- Strong troubleshooting skills
Further skills advantageous to this role:
- PLC programming experience
- Experience using SAP
- Instrumentation qualifications
- Pneumatic systems qualifications and experience
You will be a team player, with a positive Can Do attitude. Someone who has the ability to build relationships, solve problems and achieve results, which will be clear factors in your success. If you are a dedicated individual who prides yourself on your attention to detail, have the ambition, drive and competency to succeed in this role, please submit your application, including current resume by selecting 'Apply' and following the prompts.
We would like to take the opportunity to thank you in advance for applying for this position, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If this isn't your time to work with us we wish you all the best in your career search and welcome you to apply for positions with Lactalis Australia in the future.
No Recruitment Agencies: We have this one covered!