We are Lactalis Australia
We are owned by the Lactalis Group, the world’s largest producer of dairy goods. With a range of more than 2,000 products, Lactalis is committed to playing a daily role in the health and well-being of consumers throughout the world, via the provision of nutritious dairy products—milk, cheese, yoghurt and other soft foods and beverages.
At the heart of our business locally, we have over 2,700 passionate employees, working closely and constructively with some 500 Australian farmers to produce the finest dairy products in the country.
Pillar brands such as Pauls, Oak, Ice Break, Tamar Valley Dairy, Vaalia, President and Galbani provide Lactalis Australia with a deep national footprint for growth and prosperity.
We are a growing global company that takes great pride in who we are. We are humble, proud and resilient. Our brands, people and know how define who we are.
We provide a workplace that delivers the opportunity to drive your development, and believe that true success comes from us.
Collaboration, flexibility and diversity are pillars of our environment. With knowledge and experience we encourage you to make a difference!
Reporting to the Research & Development Team Leader this role is responsible for developing new products and supporting product movements and reformulation of current products.
Main responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Delivering new products, product renovation and packaging projects in full and on time.
- Keeping records, generating reports and updates relating to development projects
- Preparing and distributing prototype samples to internal stakeholders
The successful applicant will have a Tertiary qualification in Food and/or Packaging and you must have experience as a Food Technologist with either Dairy or FMCG industry experience.
The following skills are required for the position:-
- Food Technology - Knowing the main food processes and their impact on food and the final product.
- Milk science and technology - Knowing of milk components, interaction and evolution during processes
- Microbiology basics - Ability to understand relevant microbiology and its effects on milk and dairy products, including effective and timely crisis management.
- Nutrition Basics - Ability to analyse nutritional implications of products and improve it.
- Physics and chemistry of milk - Knowing different forms of milk components and how identify them in the laboratory
- Project Management - Ability to manage a project from initiation to completion, managing the different stakeholders across all project stages (requirements, solution selection, pilot, implementation, wrap-up and learnings)
You will need to have the ability to communicate and work with people at all levels, be a team player, have a strong technical background and be able to pick up new tasks quickly.
In return we offer an exciting career challenge, a salary of $60,000 p.a. for you to make an immediate impact, career growth opportunities, competitive salary package and a team orientated and fast paced work environment committed to succeeding.
If you have the ambition, drive and competency to succeed in this role please submit your application.