We are owned by the Lactalis Group, the world’s largest producer of dairy goods. With a wide range of products, Lactalis is committed to playing a daily role in the health and well-being of consumers throughout the world, via the provision of nutritious dairy products—milk, cheese, yoghurt and other soft foods and beverages.
At the heart of our business locally, we have over 2,700 passionate employees, working closely and constructively with some 500 Australian farmers to produce the finest dairy products in the country.
Pillar brands such as Paul’s, Oak, Ice Break, Tamar Valley Dairy, Vaalia, President and Galbani provide Lactalis Australia with a deep national footprint for growth and prosperity.
We are a growing global company that takes great pride in who we are. We are humble, proud and resilient. Our brands, people and know how define who we are.
We provide a safe workplace that delivers the opportunity to drive your development, and believe that true success comes from us.
Collaboration, flexibility and diversity are pillars of our environment. With knowledge and experience we encourage you to make a difference!
About this opportunity:
Due to investment, a new opportunity has arisen for a Project Engineer to join our Bendigo and Echuca team based. This position is responsible for supporting large and small continuous improvement and capital expenditure projects to ensure delivery is met within time, budget, safety and quality. Your focus will be to provide mechanical and process engineering and project management support combined with electrical and automation coordination of activities.
Reporting to the Site Manager, your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying and solving mechanical, process, electrical or automation problems for new facilities as well as existing
- Participate in design reviews to ensure robust solutions are provided
- Perform sanitary process design activities
- Managing and reviewing project programme and resource requirements for project implementation phases
- Managing budget controls, progress reports and forecasting
- Managing mechanical and process activities on site for installation, commissioning and performance testing
- Coordinating the support of electrical and automation activities including documentation and specifications
- Ensuring all designs are implemented comply with Australian Standard Code of Practice, site requirements and other regulatory requirements
- Managing relationships across maintenance support, suppliers, contractors, operations and safety
Our business is undergoing a number of improvement initiatives which have resulted in a strong pipeline of projects across installation and upgrades of existing equipment.
This is an opportunity for an ambitious, motivated, independent, hands on individual looking to get their teeth stuck into a variety of projects and make their mark on a large manufacturing site.
The ideal candidate will display experience across mechanical, process, electrical and/or automation engineering within a manufacturing environment with tertiary qualifications in chemical engineering/mechanical engineering or mechatronics engineering.
The key to your success will be your ability to develop and influence relationships to achieve desired outcomes. To apply for this position, please click the ‘apply now’ button below.