Your Next Employer
Our Company is part of the Parmalat Group which is part of Lactalis Groupe, the world's largest producer of Dairy Foods. The company is committed to playing a daily role in the health and well-being of consumers throughout the world, via the provision of nutritious dairy products – milk, cheese, yoghurt and other soft foods and beverages.
In Australia, Parmalat is a dairy industry leader, with 13 manufacturing sites and 60 depots and distribution centres across six states and territories. Parmalat employs more than 2200 people, producing in excess of 800 million litres of dairy products every year. Pillar brands such as Pauls, Oak, Ice break and Vaalia provide Parmalat with a deep national footprint for growth and prosperity.
About these Opportunities
New opportunities have emerged within our manufacturing operations team to drive production output within our new crate moulding area.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Machine operation of crate moulder and associated equipment;
- Operation of filler, processing machines, road intake or back dock duties;
- Forklift operations;
- Quality checks as required;
- Minor maintenance of equipment within level of competency and responsibility;
- Maintain high levels of safety standards;
- Cleaning and housekeeping duties; and
- Manual lifting and general labour tasks.
Due to the nature of duties, we are looking for people with:
- A forklift licence (ideal requirement however not necessary);
- Ability to work semi-autonomously;
- Ability to make decisions in a calm and rational manner;
- Effective prioritisation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to improve a process;
- Strong focus towards safety and Parmalat values/behaviours;
- Ideally, have demonstrated experience in a manufacturing or warehousing environment;
- Ideally demonstrated experience in fault finding on equipment and effective problem solving; and
- Experience performing labour intensive and repetitive tasks.
As we continue to expand, successful candidates will demonstrate characteristics of initiative, drive, determination to achieve the better outcomes and can prove these characteristics with examples from previous experiences. These characteristics allow us to support growth and development in your career.
What you need to know
IMPORTANT: These roles are full-time permanent positions and will be rostered 5 days per week, which may include a roster of working on Saturday and Sunday (with your days off being two days between Monday – Thursday).
You will commence on a training pay rate during your first month of employment, before moving to the base hourly rate of just over $30 per hour. Additional loading on non-weekend work is as follows:
- Day Shift: 0% (6am – 2pm)
- Afternoon Shift: 15% (2pm – 10pm)
- Night Shift: 30% (10pm – 6am)
We are looking to fill the positions immediately. For more information and to apply, please click 'Apply Now'.