We are Lactalis Australia
Lemnos Foods is owned by the Lactalis Group, the world’s largest producer of dairy goods. With a range of more than 2,000 products, Lactalis is committed to playing a daily role in the health and well-being of consumers throughout the world, via the provision of nutritious dairy products—milk, cheese, yoghurt and other soft foods and beverages.
At the heart of our business locally, we have over 2,700 passionate employees, working closely and constructively with some 500 Australian farmers to produce the finest dairy products in the country.
Pillar brands such as Lemnos, Pauls, Oak, Ice Break, Tamar Valley Dairy, Vaalia, President and Galbani provide Lactalis Australia with a deep national footprint for growth and prosperity.
We are a growing global company that takes great pride in who we are. We are humble, proud and resilient. Our brands, people and know how define who we are.
We provide a safe workplace that delivers the opportunity to drive your development, and believe that true success comes from us.
Collaboration, flexibility and diversity are pillars of our environment. With knowledge and experience we encourage you to make a difference!
About this Opportunity
An opportunity now exists for 3x strong, manual handling Production Operators for afternoon shifts at our Lemnos Foods manufacturing operation located in Dandenong South. We are looking for someone who can help into the day to day activities within the cheese making team. You will be proactive, have great attention to detail and be someone who can work autonomously. We need someone to go the extra mile with a can-do attitude. Overtime may be required and weekends.
Reporting through to the afternoon shift coordinator you will play an integral role in the cheese making process with a direct focus on delivering the planned “making” schedule to support a highly efficient production. The position has a strong focus on quality, safety and GMP.
The salary of this role is $20.79 per hour.
Some of your key duties will include:
- An understanding of the cheese making process
- Maintaining appropriate records and close monitoring of the daily production process by following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for batching and processing our products.
Some of your normal duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Understanding of CIP cleaning systems and general cleaning and hygiene within the plant
- Report to Leading Hand & Production Coordinator for any abnormality.
- Troubleshoot problems with equipment
- Liaising with the maintenance team regarding machine issues
- Report any and all injuries to your supervisor or manager at the time of injury
- Demonstrates, understands and complies with all Food Safety, Hygiene and Quality, OHS procedures and policies.
Key selection criteria:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers
- Ability to read, understand and effectively communicate information written and verbal
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize under pressure
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- History of good attendance
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Strong understanding of GMP & HACCP programs
- Ability to work in the afternoon shift
- A sound technical aptitude
- The ability to follow detailed work procedures
- Good communication and the ability to work both individually and in a team environment
Your ability to build relationships, solve problems and achieve results will only add to your success. If you are a dedicated individual and pride yourself on your attention to detail, have the ambition, drive and competency to succeed in this role please submit your application, including current resume by selecting 'Apply' and following the prompts.
No Recruitment Agencies: We have this one covered!