A wholly owned subsidiary of the listed Italian company Parmalat Spa, which in turn is part of the Lactalis Group, the world's largest producer of dairy goods.
Parmalat is committed to playing a daily role in the health and well-being of consumers throughout the world, via the provision of nutritious dairy products-milk, cheese, yoghurt and other soft foods and beverages.
At the heart of our business locally, we have over 2,700 passionate employees, working closely and constructively with some 500 Australian farmers to produce the finest dairy products in the country.
Pillar brands such as Paul's, Oak, Ice Break, Tamar Valley Dairy, Vaalia, President and Galbani provide Parmalat Australia with a deep national footprint for growth and prosperity.
We are a growing global company that takes great pride in who we are. We are humble, proud and resilient. Our brands, people and know how define who we are.
We provide a safe workplace that delivers the opportunity to drive your development, and believe that true success comes from us.
Collaboration, flexibility and diversity are pillars of our environment. With knowledge and experience we encourage you to make a difference!
About this Opportunity
We are seeking a highly motivated Production Operator to join the team in Rowville. Reporting to the Production Coordinator, you will be responsible for operating production lines and associated equipment.
You must have a strong focus on quality and safety and be able to work as part of an effective team. You will need a proactive and positive attitude with the ability to deliver high quality work. Previous experience in operating filling production lines, and/or processing equipment such as pasteurisation, mix plants, store room management and stocktaking multiple SKUs in the food industry is preferred.
Key accountabilities of the role are:
- Operating production lines and associates equipment to comply with Parmalat specifications, operational and safety standards;
- Maintain hygiene standards of production lines and factory areas;
- Minimise wastage including product, ingredients, packaging, process inputs, time and chemicals;
- Report excessive wastage, defective products and equipment malfunction;
- Isolate and identify defective product;
- Meet required production schedules;
- Provide product samples for quality assurance testing, according to instructions;
- Appropriately remove all waste product, packaging materials, etc. from production area to waste disposal at regular intervals during production run;
- Accurately complete relevant quality and safety documentation.
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- Experience in machine or process operation, preferably in the dairy or food industry;
- Fault finding/ troubleshooting skills;
- Solid understanding of GMP and HACCP principles;
- A working knowledge of SAP is desirable but not essential;
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal;
- Qualification in Food processing is desirable but not essential;
- Ability to work shift work, overtime and weekends as required.
In return we offer training and support, career progression opportunities, a competitive salary package and a team orientated and fast paced work environment committed to succeeding.
If you are a motivated individual, pride yourself on your high quality of work and possess the relevant competencies to succeed in this position, please submit your application, including current resume by selecting 'Apply' and following the prompts.
No Recruitment Agencies - We have this one covered!