Cheese Maker – afternoon shift
Lemnos Foods is now looking for an experienced Cheese Maker for our afternoon shift making team.
Reporting through to the afternoon shift coordinator you will play an integral role in the shifts cheese making activity with a direct focus on delivering the planned make schedule to support a highly efficient production. Your focus will have you leading/directing a support person in the making area whilst supporting all safety, quality, supply and cost activities.
Some of your key duties will include:
- High level of understanding of the cheese making process and pasteurisation
- Responding to milk, curd, and cheese throughout the process to yield
- Maintaining appropriate records and close monitoring of the daily production process by following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for batching and processing our products
Some of your normal duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Recording hourly performance/downtime
- Coordinating break times with the make team to minimise impact to cheese production
- Accurate printing out and recording of all work orders
- Recording all incidents into our safety management portal
- Liaising with the maintenance team regarding machine efficiencies
- Raising maintenance requests using MEX process
Key selection criteria:
- At least 5 years’ experience working in dairy manufacturing as a cheese maker
- Strong understanding of GMP & HACCP programs
- Ability to read, understand and effectively communicate information written and verbal
- Ability to work in the afternoon shift
- A sound technical aptitude
- The ability to follow detailed work procedures
- Good communication and the ability to work both individually and in a team environment
- Occasional overtime will be required
If this position interests you, then please submit your application, including current resume by selecting 'Apply' and following the prompts.
No Recruitment Agencies: We have this one covered!