We are Lactalis Australia
Lemnos Foods is owned by the Lactalis Group, the world’s largest producer of dairy goods. With a range of more than 2,000 products, Lactalis is committed to playing a daily role in the health and well-being of consumers throughout the world, via the provision of nutritious dairy products—milk, cheese, yoghurt and other soft foods and beverages.
At the heart of our business locally, we have over 2,700 passionate employees, working closely and constructively with some 500 Australian farmers to produce the finest dairy products in the country.
Pillar brands such as Pauls, Oak, Ice Break, Tamar Valley Dairy, Vaalia, President and Galbani provide Lactalis Australia with a deep national footprint for growth and prosperity.
We are a growing global company that takes great pride in who we are. We are humble, proud and resilient. Our brands, people and know how define who we are.
We provide a safe workplace that delivers the opportunity to drive your development, and believe that true success comes from us.
Collaboration, flexibility and diversity are pillars of our environment. With knowledge and experience we encourage you to make a difference!
About this Opportunity
Lemnos Foods is now looking for an experienced Pasteurizer Operator for our afternoon shift RSCP team. Reporting through to the afternoon shift coordinator you will play an integral role in the shifts pasteurizer operator activity with a direct focus on delivering the planned make schedule to support a highly efficient production.
This is a Level 4 role with a salary of $22.07 per hour
Some of your key duties will include:
- An understanding of the cheese making process and pasteurisation
- Responding to Milk Receival, CCP checks and Milk throughout the process to Liquid Mass Balance & GMP
- Maintaining appropriate records and close monitoring of the daily production process by following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for batching and processing our products.
Some of your normal duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Recording hourly performance/downtime
- Standardize and pasteurize milk for the cheese making process.
- Understanding of CIP cleaning systems and general cleaning and hygiene within the plant
- Scan milk samples on Milkoscan.
- Monitor Milk plan closely in case more or shortage of milk report to Leading Hand & Production Coordinator
- Update or Cancel Milk tanker through Centralised Ordering System
- Coordinating with the make team to minimise impact to cheese production
- Troubleshoot problems with equipment
- Communicate with Head Cheesemaker, Quality Manager, and Production manager on Milk issues
- Liaising with the maintenance team regarding machine efficiencies
- May be required to work overtime if deemed necessary with occasional weekend work
- Report any and all injuries to your supervisor or manager at the time of injury
- Demonstrates, understands and complies with all Food Safety, Hygiene and Quality, OHS procedures and policies.
Key selection criteria:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers
- Basic computer skills including e-mail, word processing, and excel spreadsheets
- Ability to read, understand and effectively communicate information written and verbal
- Ability to work with automated equipment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize under pressure
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- History of good attendance
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Strong understanding of GMP & HACCP programs
- Ability to work in the afternoon shift
- A sound technical aptitude
- The ability to follow detailed work procedures
- Good communication and the ability to work both individually and in a team environment
Your ability to build relationships, solve problems and achieve results will only add to your success. If you are a dedicated individual and pride yourself on your attention to detail, have the ambition, drive and competency to succeed in this role please submit your application, including current resume by selecting 'Apply' and following the prompts.
No Recruitment Agencies: We have this one covered!