About our Organisation
Harvey Fresh is a Western Australian leader in both the dairy and juice markets and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Parmalat Australia Pty Ltd.
Parmalat Australia has established market leadership through the development of iconic brands such as IceBreak, Breaka, Pauls, Oak and Vaalia. Our business continues to experience strong growth and has clear direction as it advances into the future.
We are a growing global company that takes great pride in who we are. We are humble, proud and resilient. Our brands, people and know how define who we are.
We provide a workplace that delivers the opportunity to drive your development, and believe that true success comes from us.
Collaboration, flexibility and diversity are pillars of our environment. With knowledge and experience we encourage you to make a difference!
About our Opportunity
Based in Harvey, Western Australia, we are seeking an outstanding Maintenance Fitter to join our Maintenance team.
Reporting and providing support to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will play a key role in the timely delivery of products to schedule and specification through ensuring processing and packaging activities run smoothly. This will involve conducting preventative maintenance, breakdown maintenance, project work and installations in a professional manner, thus adding value in a multi-skilled production environment.
More specifically, your duties will include (but not limited to):
- Implementing the Preventative/Routine Maintenance programs to achieve machine and line efficiency.
- Investigating failures and making recommendations to reduce risk and improve systems/processes.
- Equipment monitoring.
- Logging all work in the maintenance system (SAP) and ensuring relevant documentation is complete and accurate.
- Working under minimum supervision.
- Participating in any technical, operational or safety training as required.
- A willingness to learn and share information.
- Performing scheduled safety checks as per instructions.
- Ensuring all tasks are performed safely, including completion of relevant permits.
- Conducting basic welding tasks using GTAW (TIG Welding), GMAW ( MIG Welding) and SMAW (Stick welding) processes.
Due to the nature of the role, applicants should also have the following:
- Knowledge in Mechanical Maintenance as well as an Australian recognised Trade Qualification
- Troubleshooting of equipment and processes & root cause analysis
- Fitting & turning experience
- Experience in pneumatic's, hydraulics & schematics
- Experience in welding processes would be advantageous
- Experience with light vehicle, small engine and tractor repairs would be an advantage
- Knowledge of GMP within the food industry will be an advantage.
Please note this role may require shift work, including day, afternoon shifts, and weekends from time to time.
Parmalat encourages and supports a safe learning environment to give you the opportunity for a successful and rewarding career with us.
Thank you for your interest in the role. Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.