WE ARE LACTALIS AUSTRALIA
We are owned by the Lactalis Group, the world’s largest producer of dairy goods. With a range of more than 2,000 products, Lactalis is committed to playing a daily role in the health and well-being of consumers throughout the world, via the provision of nutritious dairy products—milk, cheese, yoghurt and other soft foods and beverages.
At the heart of our business locally, we have over 2,700 passionate employees, working closely and constructively with some 500 Australian farmers to produce the finest dairy products in the country.
Pillar brands such as Pauls, Oak, Ice Break, Tamar Valley Dairy, Vaalia, President and Galbani provide Lactalis Australia with a deep national footprint for growth and prosperity.
We are a growing global company that takes great pride in who we are. We are humble, proud and resilient. Our brands, people and know how define who we are.
We provide a safe workplace that delivers the opportunity to drive your development, and believe that true success comes from us.
Collaboration, flexibility and diversity are pillars of our environment. With knowledge and experience we encourage you to make a difference!
About this Opportunity
We are seeking a pro-active and experienced Maintenance Fitter to join our team based at Rowville. Reporting to the Maintenance Coordinator, you will be responsible for preventative and breakdown maintenance across the site. You will also be responsible for maintenance related operational duties, including the servicing and repair of the processing, packaging, cooling and heating systems on site, and across the entire manufacturing process.
You will have an analytical and methodical approach to problem solving, strong communication skills and have the ability to foster effective and supportive teamwork. You must be flexible and self-motivated with the ability to work closely with other trade disciplines.
Key accountabilities of the role are:
- Implementing preventative maintenance programs for the site across processing, packaging, cooling & heating systems to ensure efficient services to site;
- Responding to breakdowns in a timely manner to minimise downtime;
- Monitor and develop new schedules (where required) for equipment & plant and other relevant data to identify faults and take action as necessary;
- Performing scheduled and ad-hoc safety checks as per instructions;
- Investigating failures and making recommendations to reduce risk and improve systems / processes;
- General maintenance within a factory environment, including milk processing, filling machines, packaging equipment and site services;
- Assisting in the induction and training of new staff as required.
To be successful in this position, you must have:
- Relevant trade qualification as a mechanical fitter;
- Experience in the food industry (preferably dairy) with solid FMCG industry knowledge;
- Excellent troubleshooting skills;
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal;
- Strong focus on quality and safety;
- Working knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office;
- Experience in TIG welding is desirable but not essential.
If you have the ambition, drive and competency to succeed in this role please submit your application, including current resume by selecting 'Apply' and following the prompts.
No Recruitment Agencies - We have this one covered!