A wholly owned subsidiary of the listed Italian company Parmalat Spa, which in turn is part of the Lactalis Group, the world's largest producer of dairy goods.
Parmalat is committed to playing a daily role in the health and well-being of consumers throughout the world, via the provision of nutritious dairy products-milk, cheese, yoghurt and other soft foods and beverages.
At the heart of our business locally, we have over 2,700 passionate employees, working closely and constructively with some 500 Australian farmers to produce the finest dairy products in the country.
Pillar brands such as Paul's, Oak, Ice Break, Tamar Valley Dairy, Vaalia, President and Galbani provide Parmalat Australia with a deep national footprint for growth and prosperity.
We are a growing global company that takes great pride in who we are. We are humble, proud and resilient. Our brands, people and know how define who we are.
We provide a safe workplace that delivers the opportunity to drive your development, and believe that true success comes from us.
Collaboration, flexibility and diversity are pillars of our environment. With knowledge and experience we encourage you to make a difference!
About this Opportunity
We are seeking a pro-active and experienced Maintenance Electrician to join our team based at Rowville. Reporting to the Maintenance Coordinator, you will be responsible for preventative and breakdown maintenance across the site. You will also be responsible for maintenance related operational duties, including the servicing and repair of the processing, packaging, cooling and heating systems on site, and across the entire manufacturing process.
You will have an analytical and methodical approach to problem solving, strong communication skills and have the ability to foster effective and supportive teamwork. You must be flexible and self-motivated with the ability to work closely with other trade disciplines.
Key accountabilities of the role are:
- Implementing preventative maintenance programs for the cooling & heating systems to ensure efficient services to site;
- Monitor and develop new schedules (where required) for equipment & plant and other relevant data to identify faults and take action as necessary;
- Performing scheduled and ad-hoc safety checks as per instructions;
- Investigating failures and making recommendations to reduce risk and improve systems / processes;
- General maintenance within a factory environment, including blowmoulding, filling machines, packaging equipment;
- Assisting in the induction and training of new staff as required.
To be successful in this position, you must have:
- Relevant electrical qualification and ideally dual trade as a mechanical fitter;
- PLC qualifications and modern electrical control systems;
- Experience in the food industry (preferably dairy) with solid FMCG industry knowledge;
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal;
- Working knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office;
- Strong focus on quality and safety.
If you have the ambition, drive and competency to succeed in this role please submit your application, including current resume by selecting 'Apply' and following the prompts.
No Recruitment Agencies - We have this one covered!