We are Lactalis Australia
We are owned by the Lactalis Group, the world’s largest producer of dairy goods. With a range of more than 2,000 products, Lactalis is committed to playing a daily role in the health and well-being of consumers throughout the world, via the provision of nutritious dairy products—milk, cheese, yoghurt and other soft foods and beverages.
At the heart of our business locally, we have over 2,700 passionate employees, working closely and constructively with some 500 Australian farmers to produce the finest dairy products in the country.
Pillar brands such as Pauls, Oak, Ice Break, Tamar Valley Dairy, Vaalia, President and Galbani provide Lactalis Australia with a deep national footprint for growth and prosperity.
We are a growing global company that takes great pride in who we are. We are humble, proud and resilient. Our brands, people and know how define who we are.
We provide a safe workplace that delivers the opportunity to drive your development, and believe that true success comes from us.
Collaboration, flexibility and diversity are pillars of our environment. With knowledge and experience we encourage you to make a difference!
About this Opportunity
We are now seeking an energetic and dynamic DC Operations Manager who is ready to make a positive impact to our business.
As the Lidcombe Operations Manager you will take ownership and run the Distribution, Operations and Transport activities of our Lidcombe Site. This role is pivotal to make it all happen!
Reporting to the Regional Logistics Manager, your responsibilities include:
- Drive functional alignment of the core Logistics activities across the Lidcombe DC and facilitate an integrated approach that optimizes resources and assets and deliver operational efficiencies;
- Report on and deliver all KPI’s for the operation, focusing primarily on Service, Safety, People and Cost;
- Implement and execute DC operations strategies to deliver best in class FMCG customer service;
- Lead and participate in projects change as required;
- Deliver effective leadership of the DC team, building capability and providing opportunities for further career growth;
- Responsible for the management and development of staff up to and including performance management and staff development opportunities;
- Tenaciously drive the strong safety culture, foster a zero tolerance approach towards workplace injuries and be a role model for working safely and promoting a safe working environment;
- Proactively manage service providers ensuring that contractual KPI’s are delivered;
- Actively support the site Sales & Operational planning activities ensuring that the DC operation has presence and input to the process;
- Understand, manage and influence key stakeholders with a view to developing strong cross functional relationships;
- P&L responsibility up to and including building and delivering annual budget;
- You will need to be engaging, like to lead by example and not afraid to roll up the sleeves and work hands on with your team – There are no Ivory Towers at Lactalis!
You will have previous experience running a high volume Operation in a fast paced and service conscious environment. Previous team leadership experience (60+ employees) including coaching and mentoring. Maintaining a high performing culture and continuing to drive best practice. You will need to have strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and experience using a major WMS/ERP (i.e. SAP) is essential.
In return for your hard work, you'll enjoy a competitive remuneration package along with a range of outstanding team member benefits. We place a strong emphasis on balancing work commitments with personal and family commitments, and have structured our workplace and company values to ensure we provide a balanced environment for our people.
If you are a dedicated individual, possess a pleasant phone manner and pride yourself on your attention to detail, have the ambition, drive and competency to succeed in this role please submit your application, please submit your application including current resume by selecting 'Apply' and following the prompts.
No Recruitment Agencies: We have this one covered!