About the Organisation
Lactalis Australia has developed market leading brands such as Pauls, Ice Break, Vaalia, Oak, President and Galbani through quality and innovation. Lactalis is experiencing strong growth and has achieved this through dedicated employees.
About the Opportunity
Located at our Nambour site, this permanent full-time opportunity will appeal to a highly motivated individual to bring drive and capability to the business. The performance of our 24 hour operation site relies heavily on an efficient Laboratory. The role of the Laboratory Coordinator is therefore pivotal to the success of the operation. Our laboratory runs Monday to Friday from 06:00 am to 10:00 pm therefore shift work is required including occasional weekend and public holiday work.
Reporting to the Compliance Manager your key responsibilities will include:
- assuring quality of batch preparation and quality control activities by conducting product inspection, sampling, testing and sensory evaluation to meet specification and quality standards;
- Record, review and archive data to ensure all documentation is complete and accurate for compliance with regulatory agencies;
- Maintain process control by monitoring and generating statistical information/reports escalating to Quality Assurance Manager of any deviations and variances;
- Adhere and maintain HACCP, GMP, Global Standards for Food Safety, regulatory requirements and any other applicable external customer standards;
- To carry out the implementation and maintenance of a preventative focussed, outcome based laboratory management system complaint with Lactalis good laboratory’s practices, policies and procedures;
- Liaise with vendors in order to maintain consumable stock levels to ensure continuity of testing as well as accurate holding stock levels in alignment with laboratory’s budget and correct servicing of laboratory equipment via contract agreements and internal preventative maintenance schedules;
- Be involved in continuous improvement activities within the laboratory and cross-functionally to improve food safety and quality standards;
The ideal candidate should be tertiary qualified (Degree or diploma in Science, Biochemistry, Food technology or Microbiology) and will have practical experience in a laboratory servicing external or internal customers. Knowledge in occupational health and safety, HACCP based food safety plan, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and ISO based quality systems are also requirements of the role.
We require an individual with well-developed interpersonal, time management and communication skills with the ability to build effective internal and external relationships. Working as part of a team and problem solving skills are also critical to this position.
Lactalis encourages and supports a safe learning environment to give you the opportunity for a successful and rewarding career with us. An attractive remuneration package is on offer for the successful candidate.
Please note, applications close Friday 4th December at 5pm.
If you are ready to build a rewarding career - click the link to apply!