We are Lactalis Australia
We are owned by the Lactalis Group, the world’s largest producer of dairy goods. With a range of more than 2,000 products, Lactalis is committed to playing a daily role in the health and well-being of consumers throughout the world, via the provision of nutritious dairy products—milk, cheese, yoghurt and other soft foods and beverages.
At the heart of our business locally, we have over 2,700 passionate employees, working closely and constructively with some 500 Australian farmers to produce the finest dairy products in the country.
Pillar brands such as Pauls, Oak, Ice Break, Tamar Valley Dairy, Vaalia, President and Galbani provide Lactalis Australia with a deep national footprint for growth and prosperity.
The organisation has recently introduced this exciting program in eight of their site locations, including Rowville (VIC), one of our plants producing milk!
What can you expect from the Graduate Program?
Lactalis Australia is currently looking for recent graduates to take part in their Industrial Operations Graduate Program, from February 2020 to February 2021.
This rotational program is designed to provide structured support to graduates while they develop leadership skills and an understanding of various production and mechanical processes within the FMCG/dairy industry.
This is a multi-faceted program, involving the below:
- 2 first months spent on the factory floor understanding the various roles, processes and day to day operations of production;
- 6 following months managing the implementation of new equipment and production lines in a project mode;
- 4 last months assisting our Production coordinators to get more understanding of their role and gain leadership and organisational skills;
- An introductory course on the dairy industry run by an expert training organisation;
- Set rotations on your site with an assigned mentor, learning leadership skills and gaining insight into different management areas within our manufacturing arm;
- Project work and presentations based on the rotations completed; and
- A development week working on professional development and project management.
This is a rare opportunity to develop technical and interpersonal skills, while learning how to manage and communicate with key stakeholders. You'll gain hands on experience and a thorough overview of the different career pathways available to you.
Site managers and mentors will be beside you throughout the program, offering advice and insight to help you along the way. In addition to this invaluable support, you'll also be given a level of autonomy to make your own decisions and grow as a leader.
Please Note: Performance reviews will be conducted throughout the program and Lactalis will make every effort to secure a permanent position upon completion of the program. This being said, there is certainly scope for successful graduates to begin a full-time career in one of the many Lactalis sites nationally.
What will you get out of it?
Lactalis has designed this program with the aim of giving you all the tools you need to begin a rewarding and successful career. This program is aimed at developing leaders for our future and as such, you'll enjoy a balance of support and independence, along with the opportunity to explore different areas of manufacturing. This will allow you to choose what path is right for you, essentially putting you on a fast-track to developing your ideal career!
In return for your hard work and dedication throughout the program, you'll be rewarded with a highly competitive base salary plus super, along with all the rewards that come from being a part of a global industry leader.
Should I apply?
Lactalis welcomes applications from candidates who have completed a degree within the last 24 months, or who will be graduating before the end of 2019.
We welcome graduates with a degree in Food Science/Technology, Mechanical, Chemical or similar.
As you're a recent graduate, Lactalis does not expect you to have extensive experience, however the following would be highly beneficial:
- Knowledge about the dairy industry
- An understanding of how the FMCG industry and manufacturing environments work
- A passion for working in FMCG/dairy
- A desire to grow and succeed with Lactalis
- Strong academic results
- A general idea of how to manage a range of stakeholders
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety
Does this sound like you? Then don't miss this outstanding opportunity to begin your career with one of Australia's leading FMCG companies - Apply Now!
Applications close 15th December, 2019.