We are Lactalis Australia, owned by the Lactalis Group, the world’s largest producer of dairy goods. With a wide range of products, Lactalis is committed to playing a daily role in the health and well-being of consumers throughout the world, via the provision of nutritious dairy products—milk, cheese, yoghurt and other soft foods and beverages.
At the heart of our business locally, we have over 2,350 passionate employees, working closely and constructively with over 500 Australian farmers to produce the finest dairy products in the country.
Pillar brands such as Paul’s, Oak, Ice Break, Tamar Valley Dairy, Vaalia, President and Galbani provide Lactalis Australia with a deep national footprint for growth and prosperity.
We are a growing global company that takes great pride in who we are. We are humble, proud and resilient. Our brands, people and know how define who we are.
We provide a safe workplace that delivers the opportunity to drive your development, and believe that true success comes from us.
Collaboration, flexibility and diversity are pillars of our environment. With knowledge and experience we encourage you to make a difference!
About the Opportunity
Our Harvey based operation in Western Australia, is seeking a Environmental Coordinator to join the team.
In this role, you will collaborate with the team to manage the day-to-day results and actions to ensure waste water compliance to environment policies and legal requirements.
The key responsibilities for the role are:
- Ensure the treatment plant is operated according to licence conditions.
- Ensure our daily operations are conducted in accordance with standards/procedures.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to operate the treatment plant in accordance with EPA requirements.
- Identify and improve system issues and procedural changes.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant contractual, regulatory and legislative requirements as a minimum standard.
- Recommend and implement operating plans, budgets and capital additions as necessary within the budgetary guidelines.
- Ensure all waste meets company specifications and in line with environmental guidelines and expectations of the regulator.
To be considered for this position, you will need to have:
- A Degree in Chemical Engineering or similar (recent graduates are encouraged to apply);
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to organise, manage and control workflow; and
- Supervisory experience would be well regarded but not essential.
You will be a team player, with a can-do attitude. Someone who has the ability to build relationships, solve problems and achieve results, which will be clear factors in your success. If you are a dedicated individual who prides yourself on your attention to detail, have the ambition, drive and competency to succeed in this role, please submit your application, including current resume by selecting 'Apply' and following the prompts.
We would like to take the opportunity to thank you in advance for applying for this position, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If this isn't your time to work with us we wish you all the best in your career search and welcome you to apply for positions with Lactalis Australia in the future.
No Recruitment Agencies: We have this one covered!