We are Parmalat Australia
Parmalat Australia Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of the listed Italian company Parmalat SpA, which is part of the Lactalis Group, the world’s largest producer of dairy goods. The company is committed to playing a daily role in the health and well-being of consumers throughout the world, via the provision of nutritious dairy products – milk, cheese, yoghurt, and other soft foods and beverages.
At the heart of our business locally, we have over 2,500 passionate employees, working closely and constructively with some 500 Australian farmers to produce the finest dairy products in the country.
We are a growing global company that takes great pride in who we are. We are humble, proud and resilient. Our brands, people and know how define who we are.
We provide a workplace that delivers the opportunity to drive your development, and believe that true success comes from us.
Collaboration, flexibility and diversity are pillars of our environment. With knowledge and experience we encourage you to make a difference!
we are now seeking an energetic and dynamic DC Operations Manager who is ready to make a positive impact to our business.
As the DC Operations Manager you will take ownership and run the Distribution, Operations and Transport activities of our Lidcombe Site, distributing approximately 5M litres of milk per week. This role is pivotal to make it all happen!
Reporting to the State Logistics Manager, your responsibilities include:
- Drive functional alignment of the core Logistics activities across the Lidcombe DC and facilitate an integrated approach that optimises resources and assets and deliver operational efficiencies
- Report on and deliver all KPI’s for the operation, focussing primarily on Service, Safety, People and Cost
- Implement and execute DC operations strategies to deliver best in class FMCG customer service
- Lead and participate in projects change as required
- Deliver effective leadership of the DC team, building capability and providing opportunities for further career growth
- Responsible for the management and development of staff up to and including performance management and staff development opportunities
- Tenaciously drive the strong safety culture, foster a zero tolerance approach towards workplace injuries and be a role model for working safely and promoting a safe working environment
- Proactively manage service providers ensuring that contractual KPI’s are delivered
- Actively support the site S & OP activities ensuring that the DC operation has presence and input to the process
- Understand, manage and influence key stakeholders with a view to developing strong cross functional relationships
- P&L responsibility up to and including building and delivering annual budget
You will need to be engaging, like to lead by example and not afraid to roll up the sleeves and work hands on with your team – There are no Ivory Towers at Parmalat!
You will have previous experience running a high volume Operation in a fast paced and deadline conscious environment. Previous team leadership experience (80+ employees) including coaching and mentoring. Maintaining a high performing culture and continuing to drive best practice. You will need to have strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and experience using a major WMS/ERP (i.e. SAP) is essential.
As a business we encourage a culture of autonomy and innovation and career development as a process instead of a reaction.
Please forward your application to our Talent Acquisition Manager by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ button.
No Recruitment Agencies – We have this one covered!