- Based at our Harvey Fresh Site
- Hands On, Fast Paced & High Volumes
- Global Company, Leading Dairy Producer
We are Parmalat Australia
Parmalat is a global provider of world-class dairy and other food products, with more than 36,000 employees in 18 countries around the world.
At the heart of our business locally, we have over 2,500 passionate employees, working closely and constructively with some 500 Australian farmers to produce the finest dairy products in the country.
We are a growing global company that takes great pride in who we are. We are humble, proud and resilient. Our brands, people and know how define who we are.
We provide a workplace that delivers the opportunity to drive your development, and believe that true success comes from us.
Collaboration, flexibility and diversity are pillars of our environment. With knowledge and experience we encourage you to make a difference!
We are in need of an experienced DC Operations Manager to take ownership and run the Distribution, Operations and Transport requirements of our Harvey Fresh Sites. This site produces and distributes millions of litres of milk per week and this person plays a key role in making sure our customers are receiving their orders on time!
Reporting to the State Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing, Leading and Coaching a DC team. Including performance management, training and disciplinary actions.
- Coordinate operations - including troubleshooting and liaising with the all appropriate internal & external stakeholders.
- Drive KPI’s - ‘on time and in full’ service and ‘zero injuries’ when meeting our customer needs.
- Maintain proactive communication between maintenance, production, transport and the distribution centre and keeping updated on any impacts to KPI’s or SLA’s that may have an effect on overall site deliverables.
- Manage all quality product issues, stock rotation, cycle counts and stock take within the adhered timeframes
- Lead/participate in the selection, recruitment and training of staff .
- Promote and participate in the Safety Management System and develop a proactive safety culture. Be a role model for working safely and promoting a safe working environment.
- Actively promote behaviour in your employees that is consistent with the achievement of the KPI’s and all other company objectives, such as zero injuries, no compromise attitude to safety, reporting of all near misses and incident investigation.
This role is not for the Faint Hearted! You will have previous experience running a high volume DC Operations in a fast paced and deadline conscious environment preferably within the FMCG industry. You will have previous team leadership experience including coaching and mentoring. Maintaining a high performing culture and continuing to drive best practice. You will need to have strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and experience using a major WMS/ERP (i.e. SAP) is essential.
You will need to be engaging, lead by example and not afraid to roll up the sleeves and work hands on with your team. As a business we encourage a culture of autonomy and innovation and career development as a process instead of a reaction.
Please forward your application to our Talent Acquisition Manager by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ button and following the prompts.
No Recruitment Agencies – We have this one covered!