We are Lactalis Australia
Lemnos Foods is owned by the Lactalis Group, the world’s largest producer of dairy goods. With a range of more than 2,000 products, Lactalis is committed to playing a daily role in the health and well-being of consumers throughout the world, via the provision of nutritious dairy products—milk, cheese, yoghurt and other soft foods and beverages.
At the heart of our business locally, we have over 2,700 passionate employees, working closely and constructively with some 500 Australian farmers to produce the finest dairy products in the country.
Pillar brands such as Pauls, Oak, Ice Break, Tamar Valley Dairy, Vaalia, President and Galbani provide Lactalis Australia with a deep national footprint for growth and prosperity.
We are a growing global company that takes great pride in who we are. We are humble, proud and resilient. Our brands, people and know how define who we are.
We provide a safe workplace that delivers the opportunity to drive your development, and believe that true success comes from us.
Collaboration, flexibility and diversity are pillars of our environment. With knowledge and experience we encourage you to make a difference!
About this Opportunity
Within our cheese division, a new opportunity has arisen for a Continuous Improvement Fitter to join our manufacturing operations team at Lemnos Foods based in Dandenong South. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the preferred candidate will have:
- Sound experience in initiating, improving and following-up preventive maintenance tasks.
- 7 to 10 years’ experience as a mechanical fitter in a reputable company.
- 5 years working experience in foods industry. Dairy is preferred and other relevant industries will be considered.
- Electrical Disconnect/ Reconnect License.
- Strong analytical skills with knowledge on using problem solving techniques.
- Knowledge on factory services such as boiler, air compressors and chillers.
- Experience in using maintenance computerized systems. SAP is a plus.
- Ability to work as part of an efficient team.
- A working knowledge of HACCP and OH&S is desirable but not essential.
- Exposure to automation and high speed packaging equipment will also be highly regarded.
Whilst this is a Monday to Friday position you will on occasion be required to work weekends for maintenance and capital projects.
Your key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participation in multi-disciplinary teams that focuses in process, product or packing optimization/continuous improvement.
- Preventive maintenance tasks execution and improvement.
- Attending breakdowns and optimizing up-time of the machines to fulfill site objectives.
- Trouble shooting minor electrical fault and disconnect and reconnect gear box motors.
- Basic welding and fabrication to serve the department objectives.
- Optimizing spare parts usage and inventory on hand.
Your ability to build relationships, solve problems and achieve results will only add to your success. If you are a dedicated individual and pride yourself on your attention to detail, have the ambition, drive and competency to succeed in this role please submit your application, including current resume by selecting 'Apply' and following the prompts.
No Recruitment Agencies: We have this one covered!