WE ARE LACTALIS AUSTRALIA
We are owned by the Lactalis Group, the world’s largest producer of dairy goods. With a wide range of products, Lactalis is committed to playing a daily role in the health and well-being of consumers throughout the world, via the provision of nutritious dairy products—milk, cheese, yoghurt and other soft foods and beverages.
At the heart of our business locally, we have over 2,700 passionate employees, working closely and constructively with some 500 Australian farmers to produce the finest dairy products in the country.
Pillar brands such as Paul’s, Oak, Ice Break, Tamar Valley Dairy, Vaalia, President and Galbani provide Lactalis Australia with a deep national footprint for growth and prosperity.
We are a growing global company that takes great pride in who we are. We are humble, proud and resilient. Our brands, people and know how define who we are.
We provide a safe workplace that delivers the opportunity to drive your development, and believe that true success comes from us.
Collaboration, flexibility and diversity are pillars of our environment. With knowledge and experience we encourage you to make a difference!
About this Opportunity
An opportunity now exists within Lactalis Australia for an experienced Quality & Compliance Manager, who is visible and a hands on practitioner, to join the dynamic National Manufacturing – Lidcombe team. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a supportive and high performance team who are engaged and committed to producing high quality dairy products into the market.
In this role you will:
- Oversee the Quality and Food Safety Standards for a large manufacturing facility including compliance with all relevant contractual regulatory and legislative requirements as a minimum standard.
- Work with R&D to ensure that quality is involved at all stages of new or changed product development.
- Responsible for maintaining ISO 22000, WQA, HACCP, BRC Global Standard for Food Safety, AQIS and applicable external customer standards.
- Drive Quality and Safety improvement through initiatives, training, auditing and policy/ procedures to ensure Good Manufacturing Practice.
- Promote and participate in the Safety Management System and develop a proactive safety culture.
- Provide technical leadership to internal and external stakeholders in the areas of quality management and quality systems.
- Incident management, withdrawal and recall process management.
- Lead, coach and mentor a small team including performance management and training initiatives.
- Significant Dairy Quality experience and / or fermentation knowledge would be highly regarded.
- Tertiary qualifications in Dairy Technology or a related Science discipline.
We are seeking a contemporary individual who favours a collaborative approach, conducts thorough analysis and actively seeks out industry best practice. Inquisitive by nature, you will like to challenge the status quo.
Applicants must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and a working knowledge of SAP will be beneficial. Proven experience in Lean or Six Sigma based methodologies, Root Cause Analysis techniques, project management, process mapping, and effectively facilitating change are key success criteria for this role. We are looking for someone who has actually walked the talk and who will have the legitimacy, drive and interpersonal skills to effectively engage and work with our teams from the leadership group to our operators on the floor, and with external customers, third party auditing bodies and regulatory authorities.
This is a key role within a business focused on ensuring the quality and safety of our people. This is a unique career opportunity based within a vibrant, high achieving team. An attractive salary package is on offer for a suitably qualified candidate.
If you are a dedicated individual and pride yourself on your attention to detail, have the ambition, drive and competency to succeed in this role please submit your application, including current resume by selecting 'Apply' and following the prompts.
No Recruitment Agencies: We have this one covered!