About Lactalis Australia
We are owned by the Lactalis Group, the world’s largest producer of dairy goods. With a wide range of products, Lactalis is committed to playing a daily role in the health and well-being of consumers throughout the world, via the provision of nutritious dairy products—milk, cheese, yoghurt and other soft foods and beverages.
At the heart of our business locally, we have over 2,350 passionate employees, working closely and constructively with over 500 Australian farmers to produce the finest dairy products in the country.
Pillar brands such as Paul’s, Oak, Ice Break, Tamar Valley Dairy, Vaalia, President and Galbani provide Lactalis Australia with a deep national footprint for growth and prosperity.
We are a growing global company that takes great pride in who we are. We are humble, proud and resilient. Our brands, people and know how define who we are.
We provide a safe workplace that delivers the opportunity to drive your development, and believe that true success comes from us.
Collaboration, flexibility and diversity are pillars of our environment. With knowledge and experience we encourage you to make a difference!
About our Brands
Lactalis Australia house a strong stable of pillar brands, brands such as Pauls Milk, Ice Break Iced Coffee, Vaalia yoghurt, Harvey Fresh Juice and Oak Milk. These are leading examples of Lactalis Australia products which over the years have become synonymous with high quality and Australian community values. Lactalis Australia’s extensive range is only further complemented by our parent company, Lactalis’ specialty cheese brands which include Lemnos, Jindi, President & Galbani. Lactalis Australia is experiencing strong growth and has achieved this through clear direction and dedicated employees.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for an experienced Compliance (Quality and Safety) Manager to join Lactalis Australia looking after two manufacturing sites in West Gippsland. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a supportive and high performance team who are engaged and committed to producing high quality dairy products into the market.
In this role you will:
- Lead, coach and mentor a small team including performance management and training initiatives;
- Overseeing the Quality and Food Safety Standards for a large manufacturing facility (2 plants, 24/7 operation);
- Drive Quality and Food Safety improvement through initiatives, training, auditing and policy/ procedures improvements;
- Ensure compliance meets all relevant contractual, regulatory and legislative requirements;
- Champion and Lead all auditing measures – internal and external;
- Maintain ISO 22000, WQA, Coles, Aldi, HACCP, BRC, AQIS and applicable external customer standards;
- Promote and participate in the Safety Management System and develop a proactive safety culture;
- Manage the development and maintenance of safe work procedures and systems in consultation with elected safety Representatives and team members;
- Responsible for the effective management of all related programs including staff training etc. while ensuring compliance to Local, State and Federal regulatory requirements;
- Involvement in formulating Site Policies to improve Quality and Safety Performance;
You will have Dairy experience and hold a Food Science and/or related Science discipline. Ideally you will have hands on experience in driving Lean and/or Six Sigma based methodologies, Root Cause Analysis techniques, auditing, project management, process mapping and effective in facilitating change.
We are looking for a proven Quality and Safety expert who will have the legitimacy, drive and interpersonal skills to effectively engage and work with all levels of internal and external stakeholders. You will be driven and collaborative, strong analysis skills and actively seeks out industry best practice.
This is an opportunity to join a global organisation in a key role that is both challenging and rewarding. If you have the experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this role, please register your interest by submitting your current resume by selecting 'Apply' and following the prompts.
No Recruitment Agencies: We have this one covered!