We are Parmalat Australia
Parmalat is a global provider of world-class dairy and other food products, with more than 36,000 employees in 18 countries around the world.
At the heart of our business locally, we have over 2,500 passionate employees, working closely and constructively with some 500 Australian farmers to produce the finest dairy products in the country.
We are a growing global company that takes great pride in who we are. We are humble, proud and resilient. Our brands, people and know how define who we are.
We provide a workplace that delivers the opportunity to drive your development, and believe that true success comes from us.
Collaboration, flexibility and diversity are pillars of our environment. With knowledge and experience we encourage you to make a difference!
We are now seeking a team-oriented leader, to take up the position of Cold Room Supervisor at our Darwin site. You must be flexible and adaptable, self-motivated, and with an eye for detail and accuracy every time. You must also have a strong focus on quality and safety and be able to work as part of an effective team, along with excellent communication skills. This is an important role in the effective and efficient operation of the Distribution function on the Darwin site.
The main responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
- Promote and participate in the Safety program and develop a proactive safety culture.
- Ensure hygiene and housekeeping of department, is of the highest standard at all times.
- Manage, Lead, Coach and mentor the team.
- Ensure all orders are picked accurately, in full and loaded to plan and dispatch times.
- Ensure stock is rotated to support first in first out product flow.
- Ensure daily checking of codes and receipting of stock from milk productions and other company sites in the designated timeframe.
- Manage all quality product issues through the correct channel leakers, labels, caps and use by codes.
- Work with sales, transport and production to reach the optimum in service level for our internal and external customers.
- Manage productive use of all employees working hours to meet agreed working standards and KPI’s (labour budget cost control).
- Inventory management and controls are in place and maintained to manage the stock dumps and unaccountable losses to meet our KPI for financial year.
- Actively be involved to identify and driving further cost saving initiatives for the Logistics and Distribution function.
- Participate as required in the Parmalat COR Management System (COR legislative and Parmalat standards are implemented, monitored and controlled).
- Assist towards maintaining external and internal quality audits to meet, Global Standard for Food Safety and applicable external customer standards
- Ensure appropriate documentation of procedures and take responsibility for review and sign-off.
The successful candidate should ideally hold formal qualifications in Warehousing/Logistics/Inventory Management and have significant experience supporting a food manufacturing operation. SAP experience and a basic accounting knowledge will be highly regarded, and a working knowledge of HACCP and OH&S is desirable.
Parmalat encourages and supports a safe learning environment to give you the opportunity for a successful and rewarding career with us.
To apply please send your application to our Talent Acquisition Manager by selecting ‘Apply’ and following the prompts.
No Recruitment Agencies – We have this one covered!
Parmalat Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 56 072 928 879)