We are owned by the Lactalis Group, the world’s largest producer of dairy goods. With a range of more than 2,000 products, Lactalis Australia is committed to playing a daily role in the health and well-being of consumers throughout the world, via the provision of nutritious dairy products—milk, cheese, yoghurt and other soft foods and beverages.
At the heart of our business locally, we have over 2,700 passionate employees, working closely and constructively with some 500 Australian farmers to produce the finest dairy products in the country.
Pillar brands such as Pauls, Oak, Ice Break, Tamar Valley Dairy, Vaalia, President and Galbani provide Lactalis Australia with a deep national footprint for growth and prosperity.
We are a growing global company that takes great pride in who we are. We are humble, proud and resilient. Our brands, people and know how define who we are.
We provide a safe workplace that delivers the opportunity to drive your development, and believe that true success comes from us.
Collaboration, flexibility and diversity are pillars of our environment. With knowledge and experience we encourage you to make a difference!
Based in Rowville and reporting to the Procurement Manager Directs, you will have accountability for managing specific categories such as aseptic and non-aseptic packaging, HDPE and PET bottles, polypropylene preformed cups and lids.
A critical element to be successful in this role, will be your ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders and the supplier market to gather information, build a sourcing strategy for the above mentioned categories and deliver on the initiatives that will realise the identified value. You will also be required to foster and maintain an effective working relationship with the Global Purchasing team to develop and aid procurement strategies for any global and centre led categories.
As an experienced end to end Procurement professional you will have experience in an FMCG environment and preferably experience in the above mentioned categories.
Key Accountabilities Include:
- Analyse spend, conduct stakeholder meetings to determine the procurement strategy, select suppliers and negotiate contractual terms and conditions for the responsible categories;
- Capitalise on opportunities for savings based on consolidation of spending, increased efficiencies, and economies of scale;
- Serve as the escalation point for Supplier management issues including performance, quality, and commercial issues;
- Partner with specified Business Partners and Stakeholders to establish and track savings in all areas and to identify short and long term supplier strategies;
- Ensure timely delivery of required goods and/or services through follow-up and communications among suppliers, fulfilment and/or logistics, and the end users.;
The successful applicant will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in Procurement or Business Management would be preferred but not essential
- At least 3 - 5 years’ experience within a Procurement function
- Strong relevant experience gained in a FMCG environment
- Experience in working within complex, multi-site operations
- Strong planning, organisational and decision making skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and SAP experience is essential
Your curious nature will be of importance in developing strategic plans for your local categories through liaising with your colleagues internally and by developing a deep understanding of the local supply market.
If you are interested in applying for this role or if you know someone who might be interested in this role please submit your application including current resume by selecting "Apply" and following the prompts.
No Recruitment Agencies: We have this one covered!