We are Lactalis Australia
We are owned by the Lactalis Group, the world’s largest producer of dairy goods. With a range of more than 2,000 products, Lactalis is committed to playing a daily role in the health and well-being of consumers throughout the world, via the provision of nutritious dairy products—milk, cheese, yoghurt and other soft foods and beverages.
At the heart of our business locally, we have over 2,700 passionate employees, working closely and constructively with some 500 Australian farmers to produce the finest dairy products in the country.
Pillar brands such as Pauls, Oak, Ice Break, Tamar Valley Dairy, Vaalia, President and Galbani provide Lactalis Australia with a deep national footprint for growth and prosperity.
We are a growing global company that takes great pride in who we are. We are humble, proud and resilient. Our brands, people and know how define who we are.
We provide a workplace that delivers the opportunity to drive your development, and believe that true success comes from us.
Collaboration, flexibility and diversity are pillars of our environment. With knowledge and experience we encourage you to make a difference!
About this Opportunity
We are seeking a temporary Category Analyst to join the Beverages and Milk team in our Lidcombe Office. Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the Category Analyst will work closely with the Customer & Marketing Teams to ‘be the voice of the shopper' within Lactalis and provide simple, compelling and actionable insights about shopper behaviour and needs that enable a 3-way-win (shopper, customer and Lactalis).
In this role, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Focus on the Fresh & UHT White Milk Category whilst supporting the Category Managers in the Flavoured Milk Category
- Work with Category, Marketing and Customer teams to integrate shopper insights with other metrics to produce clear and compelling retail strategies and relevant sales data insights;
- This will include, and not be limited to, understanding the data sources available and/or required. Developing robust shopper and/or consumer insights from those data sources and translating those insights into value adding action plans to assist in growing our business via our brands in the marketplace;
- Assist in the development of recommended actions based on sound shopper insights that will get measurable results with our retail partners;
- Explore consumer insights to identify major category growth drivers and assist in the dissemination of the information to the business;
- Support best in class development of external presentations from Lactalis in line with expectations associated with that of the “category captain” e.g. Customer Category Reviews, Customer Performance Reviews, NPD Presentations;
- Assist in developing promotional initiatives and guidelines for business growth. Including post promotion analysis and understanding both Lactalis and its competitors’ impact on category and brand.
To be successful, you will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Background in FMCG sales (field and customer management)
- Project Management experience
- Collaborative approach and ability to think outside the norm
- Strong presentation skills
- Data analysis
- Competitive Environment Knowledge
If you have the ambition, drive and competency to succeed in this role please submit your application.