We are Lactalis Australia
We are owned by the Lactalis Group, the world’s largest producer of dairy goods. With a range of more than 2,000 products, Lactalis is committed to playing a daily role in the health and well-being of consumers throughout the world, via the provision of nutritious dairy products—milk, cheese, yoghurt and other soft foods and beverages.
At the heart of our business locally, we have over 2,700 passionate employees, working closely and constructively with some 500 Australian farmers to produce the finest dairy products in the country.
Pillar brands such as Pauls, Oak, Ice Break, Tamar Valley Dairy, Vaalia, President and Galbani provide Lactalis Australia with a deep national footprint for growth and prosperity.
We are a growing global company that takes great pride in who we are. We are humble, proud and resilient. Our brands, people and know how define who we are.
We provide a safe workplace that delivers the opportunity to drive your development, and believe that true success comes from us.
Collaboration, flexibility and diversity are pillars of our environment. With knowledge and experience we encourage you to make a difference!
About the Opportunities
We are now seeking team-oriented and skilled Operators to join our production team based at Lidcombe.
We require team oriented and highly skilled Operators who are self-motivated and able to work varying types of shift work and overtime as required. We have a number of positions in multiple areas of the factory available working differing shifts consisting of day, afternoon and night shifts.
These roles are pivotal to ensure output is continually flowing into the DC area and will work in a chilled environment of 2 degrees.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Machine operation of palletiser
- Operation of filler, processing machines, road intake or back dock duties
- Forklift driving to replenish pallets
- Quality checks of product
- Minor maintenance of machines within level of competency and responsibility
- Maintain high level of safety standards
- Basic cleaning and housekeeping duties
- Manual lifting and general labour tasks
It is expected that you hold (or are willing to learn) operational ability across other parts of the factory (packaging, processing, back dock, road intake etc), as you will be required to rotate from time to time when needed.
Due to the nature of duties and location of these positions we are looking for people with:
- A forklift licence (or willing to get a licence)
- Ability to work in 2 degree (chilled environment)
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to make decisions in a calm and rational manner
- Effective prioritisation skills
- Demonstrated ability to improve a process
- Strong focus towards safety and Lactalis values / behaviours
- Ideally have demonstrated experience in a manufacturing or warehousing environment
- Ideally demonstrated experience in fault finding on machinery
- Experience performing labour intensive and repetitive tasks
These roles are fulltime permanent positions and will be rostered 5 days per week, across 7 days, with the potential to go to 6 days.
If you are confident within your experience and have the ambition, drive and competency to succeed in this role and wish to join an impressive global business and be part of a healthy working environment, please submit your application including current resume by selecting 'Apply' and following the prompts.
No Recruitment Agencies: We have this one covered!